Mushroom Masala | Mushroom Curry Recipe
Mushroom Masala is a flavorful dish that combines earthy mushrooms, tart tomatoes, and aromatic spices. The strong tastes are offset by a simple handmade cashew cream. This curry, ready in under 20 minutes and delicious to the last taste, is sure to win you the master chef title at your next party.
As a foodie, I cook and entertain frequently, and I frequently have vegetarian guests. I'm always on the lookout for vegetarian dishes that can compete with my famous Butter Chicken or Chicken Tikka Masala. My vegetarian mushroom masala is a hit with everyone, and it rounds off my supper menu.
Why do we like this Mushroom Masala so much?
- In less than 20 minutes
- Recipe That Never Fails
- Naturally Vegan and Simple Gluten-Free
- Simply replace the cashew cream with coconut cream or heavy cream to make it nut-free.
- Mushroom Mutter Masala can be made with green peas, or Mushroom Palak Masala can be made with spinach.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 45 mins
For the masala:
- 1 teaspoon coriander / daniya seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon jeera / cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper / kali mirch
- 4 kashmiri red chilies, dried
For the gravy:
- 10 mushrooms (sliced)
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 cinnamon stick / 1 dalchini
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin / jeera
- 1 onion, medium size (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon of ginger-garlic paste
- 2 tomatoes (pulped)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder/haldi
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- salt to taste
- 1 cup of water (add as required)
- 1/4 cup cashew paste
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves (finely chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon kasuri methi / dried fenugreek leaves (crushed)
- Dry roast the coriander seeds, jeera, pepper, and dried red chili first.
- Blend to a smooth powder and set aside.
- Heat oil in a big kadai and sauté cumin seeds and cinnamon stick.
- Sauté the onions, ginger garlic paste, and garlic until they are slightly golden brown.
- Continue to sauté the tomato pulp until the oil separates from the sides.
- Add turmeric powder, garam masala powder, prepared masala powder, and salt to taste.
- Cook for a minute over low heat, or until the masalas are well cooked.
- Mix in the cut mushrooms gently.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes, or until the mushrooms sweat.
- 1 cup of water and cashew paste are also added.
- Combine thoroughly. Cover and cook for 15 minutes, or until the mushrooms are tender.
- Mix in the cream, coriander leaves, and kasuri methi. Combine thoroughly.
- Finally, serve the mushroom curry alongside rice or roti.
Related Keywords: mushroom masala recipe, mushroom masala dry, mushroom masala dhaba style, mushroom masala restaurant style, mushroom masala recipe in hindi, mushroom masala hebbars kitchen, mushroom masala for chapathi, mushroom masala ranveer brar, mushroom masala kerala style, how to make mushroom masala, paneer mushroom masala, chicken mushroom masala