Why are they called Hasselback Potatoes
The Hasselback name is derived from the Hasselbacken restaurant in Stockholm, Sweden, where the Hasselback potato recipe was first made public in the 1940s. This method, which appears complex but is actually surprisingly simple to use, is a fantastic way to give your favorite meats and vegetables a little extra flair.
How To Decorate Hasselback potatoes
Now, I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks that accordion folds demand to be filled with more toppings. Try some of these suggestions for extravagant Hasselback potatoes.
- Think cheddar, smoked gouda, or Havarti when picturing shredded cheese.
- parsley, oregano, dill, or thyme, all minced.
- Bacon that has been crumbled is a great concept.
Prepare a few Hasselback potatoes for a supper with the family or an entire sheet pan of them for a gathering. Although this recipe is for four potatoes, you may easily multiply it to serve a larger number of people. Any supper, large or small, casual or elegant, in my opinion, can only be enhanced by the addition of Hasselback potatoes.
What to serve with Hasselback potatoes
Hasselbacks go well with a wide variety of dishes. They go particularly well with fish that has been grilled with lemon and herbs. There are lots of alternatives if it doesn't tempt you. Why not use these instead:
- Steak and broccoli or green beans
- Fresh salad with grilled chicken breast
- broccoli cheese
- a soup with beans or lentils
- roasted carrots and sausages
Hasselback Potatoes Recipe
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 1 hr
- 1 kilogram of fresh potatoes, or other small potatoes
- 40g melted butter
- 40g melted butter
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, and the fan to 180°C. Make two-millimeter-wide vertical slits, spaced three-quarters of the way down each potato. To make this process simpler, sandwich two wooden spoon handles between the potatoes; this will prevent the knife from cutting all the way through.
- In a big roasting pan, place the potatoes. Brush generously with the mixture of butter, oil, garlic, and rosemary after mixing. Roast for 30 minutes with seasoning.
- Take them out of the oven and brush them with the tray's melted butter. Back in the oven, roast the food for a further 20 minutes. Brush the butter into the potato pieces once more, and then place the potatoes back in the oven for a further 10-15 minutes, or until the edges are golden and crispy. Serve right away.
Related Keywords: hasselback potatoes air fryer, hasselback potatoes jamie oliver, hasselback potatoes recipes, hasselback potatoes nz, hasselback potatoes with bacon, hasselback potatoes on the grill, hasselback potatoes uk, hasselback potatoes with cheese, hasselback potatoes bbq, how to make hasselback potatoes, easy hasselback potatoes, cheesy hasselback potatoes, mini hasselback potatoes, how to cut hasselback potatoes, garlic hasselback potatoes, james martin hasselback potatoes