Peach Burrata Salad Recipe
In a recipe, peaches are usually the main attraction! At our family, peach season is a favorite among everyone, and you best know I cook every peach recipe. Breakfast of peach scones, an afternoon snack of our favorite peach smoothie, and dessert of these small peach cobblers.
What is Burrata?
Consider burrata salad to be the upscale sibling of caprese salad. Peak-season tomatoes are topped with this decadent cheese (imagine a mozzarella shell filled with a soft, creamy interior) and decorated with a sprinkling of savory chives and peppery basil leaves. The shredded burrata will be placed on top of the tomatoes, enabling the cheese's creamy interior to mingle with the tomato juices, as opposed to being layered with the tomatoes and cheese, as you would with a caprese salad. This dish screams summer and demands to be eaten outside with traditional Italian dishes like seafood spaghetti, panna cotta, or cannoli for dessert.
Image Credit: twopeasandtheirpod
- Extra virgin olive oil, 1/2 cup
- 1/4 cup champagne or balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1/2 shallot, chopped finely
- 1 grated garlic clove
- Lemon zest, 1 teaspoon
- 1/4 cup finely minced fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons freshly chopped oregano
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped dill
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped thyme
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Black pepper and kosher salt
- 2-3 peaches, cut into wedges
- 1 1/2–2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved if large
- 1 cup of fresh pitted cherries
- 8 ounces of burrata cheese
- 1/4 cup lightly roasted pumpkin seeds (or other nut/seed)
- Mix all the ingredients for the vinaigrette in a glass jar and whisk to combine. Salt, pepper, and chili flakes may be adjusted based on taste.
- Combine the tomatoes, peaches, and cherries with 1/3 of the dressing in a large bowl. Place in the refrigerator for up to four hours or 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Disperse the burrata balls all over the salad. Add the remaining vinaigrette, then sprinkle pumpkin seeds and more fresh herbs on top. Serve alongside toasty or grilled bread.
Related Keywords: tomato peach burrata salad, arugula peach burrata salad, sweetgreen peach burrata salad, roasted peach burrata salad, white peach burrata salad, corn peach burrata salad, peach tomato burrata salad, peach arugula burrata salad, peach prosciutto burrata salad, peach corn burrata salad, peach heirloom tomato burrata salad, peach basil burrata salad, peach beet burrata salad, peach pistachio burrata salad