Our classic potato salad recipe is the ideal barbeque side dish, ideal for picnic spreads or combined with leftover roast chicken. Try our simple, adaptable recipe.
Potato Salad Recipe
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 20 mins
- 800g new little potato
- 3 finely chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon tiny capers (optional)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cornichons (optional)
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise (or to taste)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of white wine vinegar
- a tiny handful of roughly chopped parsley leaves
- Boil the potatoes in salted water for 20 mins until just cooked, drain, then cool.
- Cut the potatoes into chunks, then put them into a bowl with the shallots, capers and cornichons, if using. Add enough mayonnaise to bind, then mix together the olive oil and vinegar and add just enough to give a little sharpness to the salad. Stir in the finely chopped parsley and serve.