Easy Cucumber Salad is a family favorite meal that has been enjoyed for generations. For a classic side dish, thinly sliced cucumbers and onion are mixed in a sweet and tangy vinaigrette.
Recette Salade de concombres facile
This light and delicious cucumber salad is ideal for a hot summer day. It goes well with almost everything you cook on the grill. It goes well with chicken, fish, and steak.
It's incredibly simple to put together and just takes around 10-15 minutes.
Why you'll adore this simple cucumber salad recipe
- This quick and easy recipe makes the ideal side salad for any meat, fish, or poultry dish.
- This nutritious salad is not only healthy but also flavorful.
- This easy cucumber salad is sure to impress everyone.
- 2 cut long English cucumbers
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon sugar (or coconut sugar or sweetener of choice)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large mixing basin, combine cucumber and onions. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a small bowl, combine white wine vinegar, water, and sugar. Toss the cucumbers and onions in the dressing to coat.
- Garnish the salad with fresh chopped dill.
- For this salad, use English cucumbers, which have thin skin and do not need to be peeled. Persian cucumbers, which are smaller in diameter, can also be used.
- For the most exquisite flavor, use fresh dill.
- To make equal and thin slices of cucumber and red onion, use a mandoline. Of course, you can use a knife if you prefer.
- Because cucumber becomes watery over time, this recipe is best served immediately. However, you can prepare it 3-4 hours ahead of time and chill it.
- If you plan on refrigerating it overnight, season the sliced cucumbers with salt and set them in a colander in a bowl in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Allow the salt to pull the moisture out. After draining the cucumbers, dump the liquid and continue with the preparation.