1. Cut the chicken into bite size portions and Keep them in separate containers. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
2. Place the sausages in a microwave container and cook in the microwave under high for a few minutes (8 mins).
(Alternatively, you can fry the sausages.)
3. Allow to cool and cut into slices.
4. Heat the oil in a deep frying pan to a simmering point. Fry the chicken pieces until cooked thoroughly and golden brown. Remove the fried chicken pieces from the frying pan. Allow the oil to drain and place in a container.
5. Fry the cubed chicken pieces until golden brown in the same oil.
1. Add the chopped onions, crushed garlic, and ginger in a preheated saucepan with some oil added to it. Fry until the onions become transparent. Add the carrots, sweetcorn, peas, turmeric, curry leaves, chopped coriander, chopped thyme, cloves, and whole black pepper. Mix well together and leave to cook for 3 mins.
2. Remove pan from heat.
3. Wash the rice, drain, and place in rice cooker with 4 cups of water and leave to cook. Start cooking the rice. When water starts boiling, open the rice cooker and put all ingredients. Note: None vegetarian should also add the cooked chicken, chicken, and sausages at this point.)
4. Immediately after the rice is cooked, open the rice cooker and carefully mix all the ingredients together so as obtain a well-mixed pilau. Close the rice cooker and allow to rest for a few minutes to steam.
Note: If you do not have a rice cooker. Use a covered deep saucepan and allow the rice to cook as you would be normally cooking rice. You may have to adjust the water quantity to cook the rice to your desired preferences. Use medium to high heat so as not to burn the rice.
Veg and Non Veg Pulao Recipe