If you don't like toasted bread, you can use a sandwich maker or grill the sandwiches instead.
These vegetarian club sandwiches are a substantial and delicious snack alternative. You can serve them to children, as an evening snack, or during a small gathering. It's great if you serve them right away.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 5 mins
Total Time: 25 mins
Ingredients for stuffing:
- 2 cups cabbage shredded
- 1 cup capsicum sliced
- 1 cup carrot shredded
- 4 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
Ingredients for sandwich:
- 3 pieces white bread
- 1 + 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 cucumber sliced
- 1 tomato sliced
- shredded cabbage as required
- 1 tbsp. mayonnaise
Preparation for stuffing:
1. In a mixing dish, combine the cabbage, capsicum, carrot, mayonnaise, salt, and pepper.
2. Combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
Preparation for sandwich:
1. Cut the sides of three slices of white bread in half.
2. Grill the bread slices until they are golden brown.
3. 1 tbsp ketchup, evenly spread over one slice of bread
4. Toss the bread with the prepared stuffing. Cucumber slices and onions are also good additions.
5. Cover with another slice of bread and top with extra stuffing.
6. Top with sliced tomatoes and cabbage.
7. Spread ketchup and mayonnaise on the last slice of bread.
8. Cover the sandwich with this slice of bread and secure the corner with toothpicks.
9. The sandwich should be cut in half.
Serve and have fun.