Special Fried Rice Recipe
House Special Fried Rice is a delicious one-pot dinner with shrimp, chicken, and vegetables. Learn how to build a restaurant-quality version at home with just one approach!
When we're craving Mauritian food, we love to order the house unique fried rice, and we're excited to share our version with you. We are sure that you will like this hearty dish as much as we do.
This stir-fried rice is tasty and full thanks to the generous servings of shrimp and chicken, as well as the eggs and vegetables, but you may use any protein and vegetable combination you like. It's a fantastic way to use up leftover steamed rice plus anything else you have on hand to make a delectable meal!
- 125g diced chicken breast 4 tblsp oil
- 125g fish fillet, diced
- 125g prawns, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 large eggs, scrambled and seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1/2 kilogram basmati rice, cooked in salted water and drained
- Soy sauce is an Asian condiment.
- shallots, chopped
- cabbage, finely shredded
- Carrots, grated
Instructions for Cooking
- In a large skillet or wok, heat the oil and stir-fry the chicken pieces seasoned with soy sauce and pepper until golden brown.
- Add the fish and prawns, season with soy sauce and pepper, and stir-fry for another 1 or 2 minutes. Add the finely shredded cabbage and grated carrots after that.
- Move the fried items to one side of the pan. Pour in 1 tablespoon additional oil and the beaten eggs.
- Continue to whisk the egg until it forms threads. Combine with other fried foods.
- Once thoroughly combined, add the half-cooked rice, soy sauce, and pepper, and stir-fry to heat through.
- When the rice is hot, add the chopped shallot, stir thoroughly, and remove from the heat.