Prawns, dry Chutney is delicious with rice and lentils, and it's definitely one of the easiest dinners to prepare. I would eat seconds and thirds until there was nothing left if my mother made this at home.
Chatini Chevrette Recette
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Total time: 35 mins
- 250g dried shrimps
- 3 ripen tomatoes
- 1 tsp garlic/ginger paste
- 2 small red onions
- 3 red chillies
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil
- Rinse and clean the dried shrimp and soak in lukewarm water for 30-40 mins.
- Using a grinder or our traditional "Roche Cari", grind the shrimps followed by the tomatoes, garlic/ginger paste, red chillies and some on the chopped coriander leaves.
- Pour the shrimp paste into a pan and fry on low heat for around 15 mins until it turns into a ruby red colour.
- Add finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Add salt and pepper accordingly to have a yummy taste.
- And it's ready to be served with hot farata. Yum Yum :p
Related keywords: mauritius shrimps recipes, shrimp chutney, chutney recipes, seafood chutney