Recette Rôti Poulet à la Mauricienne
What To Serve With The Roti Poulet?
- 3.5 lb whole chicken, skin on
- soy sauce
- 2 thyme sprigs
- 1 rosemary sprig
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 lemon, cut into quarters vertically
- 1 1/2 teaspoons table salt (divided)
- olive oil (or melted unsalted butter)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove the leaves from the thyme, and rosemary if adding them on top. Cut these herbs into fine bits with a sharp knife. Before adding the minced garlic and minced herbs, mince the garlic clove with your knife. Set aside next to your cut up lemon quarters for the time being. Preheat your oven and skip the rest of this step if you're using entire herbs.
- Rinse the innards of the chicken and remove any giblets. Using paper towels, thoroughly pat dry the chicken.
- Drizzle olive oil (or melted butter) over the chicken and rub it all over the top with your hand (including its wings and legs). Repeat with the other side of the chicken.
- Sprinkle 3/4 teaspoon salt over the chicken's breast side, including the wings and legs. Then, add 1/4 teaspoon salt into the chicken's cavity before flipping it over and distributing another 1/2 teaspoon salt all over the backside.
- Season the rear of the chicken with freshly ground pepper, garlic and ginger then flip it over and season the breast side.
- Stuff the lemon quarters into the chicken's cavity gently. Cover the breast side of the chicken (including the legs and wings) with the herb/garlic combination if using minced herbs. If using whole herbs, simply place the herbs and garlic clove in the chicken's cavity as well. If you're stuffing the chicken with herbs, bind the legs together with string to keep the cavity closed (optional).
- Grab a 9" x 11" baking dish and lightly coat the bottom with oil or butter. Place the chicken in the dish (breast side up) and bake for 30 minutes.
- Bake the chicken for 1 hour and 30 minutes at 375°F, or until a food thermometer inserted into the thigh and breast area reads 165°F. Cover the chicken loosely with foil and let aside for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with white rice with a grain (lentils) and salad or if you wish, you can also enjoy your roasted chicken with mashed potatoes.
Related Keywords: roti poulet entier recette mauricienne, recette de poulet roti a la mauricienne, recette reste de poulet roti, poulet roti estragon, best poulet roti recipe, rôti poulet recette, recette poulet rôti facile, roti poulet dans tempo, rôti poulet sans four, salmi poulet