This Khichdi recipe, made with rice and moong dal, is a light and easy-to-digest Indian dish. Serve this healthful, cozy, and satisfying porridge-like Dal Khichdi with curd, raita, or papad for a light meal.
Ingredients for Kitchri:
- 250 grams of rice
- 125 grams of "pea dholl
- 1 cup(s) of vegetable fat
- 3 tablespoon(s) of oil
- 8 cloves of garlic (chopped)
- 8 cardamoms (Ilaitis)
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 6 cloves
- 0.25 tablespoon(s) of chili powder
- 0.25 tablespoon(s) saffron powder
- 0.5 tablespoon(s) of small Anis
- 125 grams of onions (cut into thin rings)
- 0.5 liter of water (or according to taste)
- 2 pinch(s) of salt
Preparation of the recipe Kitchri
- Heat the fat and oil in a pan and brown the onions.
- In the same fat, brown the aniseed, cardamoms, cinnamon, cloves and garlic cloves respectively.
- Add saffron, chilli, rice and dholl.
- Let cook for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with water.
- Add salt.
- Cover and cook under pressure on medium heat for about 15 minutes.
- Decorate with onions.
- Serve hot with a very spicy "rougail".
Credit: Cuisine Mauritian