Without any doubt, Gâteau Arouille is one of the favorite "Gato Dehuile" for Mauritian people. Of course, oily food is not so good to consume regularly, so the best time to appreciate this yummy Mauritian food is during the weekend in the morning when you are having your tea. As we say in Kreol langauge "Weekend bien koumenser".
We will surely appreciate it more if eat the Gateau Arouille with a coriander chutney (satini cotomili bien pima). Now let's prepare one of tastiest "Gato dehuile"!
Ready in: 20m - Cooking: 5m
Ingredients: for 4 People
- 500 grams of Taro (Arouille)
- 50 grams of bread
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon of tapioca starch (lapoudre Cange)
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 frying oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
Preparation of the Taro Fritters
- Peel and grate the Arouille.
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl and mix.
- Make balls with your hands and fry them in a large oil bath until they are golden brown and crispy.
And it is ready to be served with its chili coriander chutney and with a hot tea.