Flan Caramel Recipe
Homemade caramel custard dessert. Very simple to make and delicious.
- 1 liter milk (975 ml water + 12 tbsp milk powder)
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 100g white sugar
- 70g white sugar for caramel
- In a large bowl break the eggs. Add the sugar (100g)
- Mix well with a whisk.
- Heat the milk but not too much.
- Add the vanilla essence.
- Pour the hot milk into the egg and sugar mixture and mix with the whisk.
- In a saucepan put the sugar (70g) and 3 tbsp water. Stir lightly and let cook without stirring on low heat until you get the caramel. Pour and spread it in a mould. Pour your preparation in the mould.
- Preheat the oven to 150 - 180 degrees
- Cook in a bain-marie for 45mins - 1hr depending on the height of the flan and the oven.
- Put in the fridge for 2hrs minimum.
- Remove from the pan.