Mauritian Flan Recipe
When you think of dessert for one, you generally think of something microwaved in a cup or a beautiful, portioned tiny. But I don't want a reasonable cupcake or a little pie; I want something I can consume completely on my own. This flan is perfect. It's never overly rich or cloying, because of the deep, dark caramel that cuts the edge.
Ingredients for Flan Caramel:
- 1 liter milk (975 ml water + 12 tbsp milk powder)
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 100g white sugar
- 70g white sugar for caramel
- In a large bowl break the eggs. Add the sugar (100g)
- Mix well with a whisk.
- Heat the milk but not too much.
- Add the vanilla essence.
- Pour the hot milk into the egg and sugar mixture and mix with the whisk.
- In a saucepan put the sugar (70g) and 3 tbsp water. Stir lightly and let cook without stirring on low heat until you get the caramel. Pour and spread it in a mould. Pour your preparation in the mould.
- Preheat the oven to 150 - 180 degrees
- Cook in a bain-marie for 45mins - 1hr depending on the height of the flan and the oven.
- Put in the fridge for 2hrs minimum.
- Remove from the pan.
Related Keywords: flan caramel recipe, flan caramel sauce, flan caramel recette, flan caramel hardens, flan caramel vegan, flan caramel recept, flan caramel au four, flan caramel marmiton, flan caramel rezept, how to make flan caramel, recette flan caramel