Compote Tamarin Recipe
Compote Tamarin' is a sweet, sour and spicy tamarind sauce. Easy to make, delicious and very appreciated by Mauritians!
Serves 4 ()
- 2 kilo(s) of ripe tamarinds
- 500 grams of brown sugar
- 300 mL water
Preparation of the recipe Tamarind Compote
- Remove the shells and seeds from the tamarinds.
- Put them in a container.
- Add the sugar and cook over low heat, stirring.
- After a few minutes add the water little by little.
- Add more water to keep the same level in the pot until it boils.
- Taste the compote and add sugar if you wish.
- Let cook for about 15 minutes.
Source: Cuisine Mauritian