CHICKEN STEW (Ladaube) Recipe
- 800 grams of chicken
- 3 potatoes
- 5 carrots
- a can of chopped mushrooms
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 onion cut into rings
- 3 cloves of garlic
Cooking time: 30 mn For: 4 persons
You are free to choose the vegetables you want to put in your stew. You can make a daube with chicken and potatoes, or with carrots, or with mushrooms or with peas. To discover other flavors, you can also make a meat daube, very simple, you just have to replace the chicken by meat.
- Cut the chicken into pieces (wings, thighs, breast).
- Marinate them with salt and pepper and let them rest for about 20 minutes.
- Cut the potatoes into cubes and the carrots into slices and soak them in a bowl of water.
- Sauté the onions, garlic and ginger.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, half a glass of water and simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and a glass of water to the pan and cook for about 5 minutes before adding the carrots, chicken pieces and mushrooms.
- Season with salt.
- Let cook for about 15 minutes.
- Decorate the dish with finely chopped cotomili.
Serve with white rice, chopped bacon, tomato chutney or a green salad. You can also enjoy your stew with pasta or spaghetti.