Any Mauritian who has ever tasted the crab soup “Bouillon Crab”, will surely tell you that this is one of their best soup ever. Make a hearty batch of crab soup in just 20 minutes and discover your next go-to weeknight dinner recipe. This can be appreciated just as a soup or in a broth with noodles.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 40 mins
Ingredients for Bouillon Crabe:
- 4 medium crabs
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves, chopped
- 3 small tomatoes, crushed
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon coriander root and stem
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 red chilies, sliced lengthwise (optional)
- Black pepper
Preparation of Bouillon Crabe:
- Season the crabs with salt and black pepper after cleaning them and cutting them into serving pieces.
- In a large pan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil and add the crab pieces. Stir fry for a few minutes, or until the color changes to red.
- Remove the crab pieces from the pan and set them aside.
- 1 tablespoon oil, heated in the same skillet, onions, and thyme, stir-fried for 2-3 minutes
- Toss in the tomatoes, ginger, and garlic paste, followed by the crab bits.
- Add some water and the coriander roots, cover, and cook for 20 minutes, checking every now and again.
- Seasoning should be adjusted accordingly.
- Remove the pan from the heat and scatter the coriander leaves on top.
Note: You can also add Boulette Poisson in it after the step 4.