- 500g chicken breast cut into long strips
- 4 tbsp oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 150g canned mushrooms drained and finely sliced
- 1 bunch Chinese leaves (e.g. bok choy) cut into thin strips
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tsp cornflour
- Salt to taste
- 4 tbsp finely chopped shallots
- 4 eggs
- 500g cooked rice
1. Season chicken pieces well with soy sauce and pepper.
2. Heat oil and fry garlic until light brown. Add chicken and stir fry until slightly golden. Optional: you may add and slightly fry your sliced sausages or shredded beef.
3. Add mushrooms and chinese leaves, season them with soy sauce and pepper. Mix well and allow to cook for about 3 more minutes.
4. Mix the oyster sauce and cornflour in half a glass of water (or red wine) and stir unitl it dissolves. Pour over chicken mixture.
5. Stir well until sauce thickens, remove from heat add in the shallots.
6. In a separate pan fry eggs one by one in a little oil until slightly cooked.
7. Put the eggs in 4 bowls and some of the chicken mixture on each of the eggs. Fill the bowl to the top with some rice.
8. Cover the bowls with a plate each.
9. Invert bowl contents on plates upside down.