Chicken Tikka Biryani is a spicy and fragrant Indian dish made with rice, chicken, and aromatic spices that are exceedingly delectable.
Easy And Quick Chicken Tikka Biryani Recipe
Hyderabadi Biryani, Dum Biryani, Chettinad Biryani, Kolkota Biryani, Sindhi Biryani, Afghan biryani, and other varieties of biryani can be found at any Indian restaurant. These designations are primarily determined by the location of origin and the method of preparation. Almost every type of biryani appeals to really yummy.
We hope you will give this delectable recipe a try. Please don't forget to leave a remark if you give it a shot. Last but not least, don't forget to give the chicken tikkas a smoky flavor. Once you've tried this recipe, you'll surely not regret the time spent preparing it.
Prep Time: 1 hr
Cook Time: 50 mins
Total Time: 1 hr 50 mins
Ingredients for Chicken tikka Marinade:
- 750 grams of chicken boneless
- Salt as needed
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp red chili powder
- 3 tsp tikka masala powder
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- ¼ tsp orange-red food color
- ¼ cup yogurt thick
Ingredients for cooking rice:
- 450 grams basmati rice
- 5 pods cardamom
- 5 cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/8 piece nutmeg
- 1 black cardamom
- 1 pod star anise
- 1 tsp shahi jeera
- ¼ cup mint leaves
- ¼ cup coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp ghee
- Salt as needed
- 7 to 8 cups water
Ingredients for Tikka:
- 5 to 6 tbsp oil
- burnt Charcoal
- ¼ cup fried onions
- 2 medium onions very thinly sliced
- 4 to5 green chilies
- 5 tbsp oil
- 1 ½ tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 cup semi-thick yogurt
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp red chili powder
- 2 tsp biryani masala powder
- ½ cup mint leaves
- ½ cup coriander leaves
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp ghee
- Aluminum foil
Preparation of Chicken Marinade:
Add salt, turmeric powder, dried red chili powder, tikka masala powder, orange-red food color, ginger garlic paste, and thick yogurt to a mixing bowl and stir to combine.
Mix in the boneless chicken pieces one more. Take a break for an hour.
Soak basmati rice for 30 minutes in water.
- Rinse the soaked basmati rice two or three times before placing it in an electric rice cooker bowl.
- Mix in the water, salt, bay leaves, Shahi jeera, cloves, cardamom, nutmeg, mace, black cardamom, mint leaves, coriander leaves, and ghee until everything is properly combined and tasted. If necessary, season with salt.
- Switch on the electric cooker and place the bowl inside. Cook until the rice is 80 percent done, or turn off the heat when there is still some moisture in the rice.
Preparation of Chicken Tikka
- This can be done at the same time as the rice is cooking.
- Add oil to a pan that has been heated. Add the marinated chicken tikka pieces to the hot oil, stir well, cover, and cook until the chicken is tender. In between the pieces, mix them up.
- When the chicken pieces are done, turn off the heat. Make a hole in the center of the pan and fill it with charred charcoal, drizzling some oil over it.
- The smoke may be seen flowing out and spreading. Cover it quickly with a lid and set it away until the smoke has gone.
Making Chicken Tikka Biryani:
- Pour oil into a heavy-bottomed pot.
- Add the cinnamon, cloves, and cardamom to the heated oil and cook for a minute.
- Add the green chilies, thinly sliced onions, and salt to the pan and cook until the onions are light brown.
- Mix in the ginger garlic paste, turmeric, red chili powder, biryani masala, medium-thick yogurt, mint leaves, coriander leaves, and lemon juice.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until the oil separates. Remove half of the gravy, as well as the pieces, and set aside.
- Distribute half of the 80 percent cooked basmati rice evenly. Mint leaves, coriander leaves, fried onions, and ghee are all good additions.
- Repeat the process with the remaining boiled rice and the remaining gravy on top of the rice layer.
- Place the lid on top of the vessel and cover it with a damp cloth or aluminum foil.
- Cook for 10 to 15 minutes on a low flame before turning off the heat. Allow 15 to 20 minutes before serving.
Serve with a side of chutney and Enjoy.
Related Keywords: easy chicken tikka biryani recipe, chicken tikka biryani recipe bbc, chicken tikka biryani recipe pakistani, what is chicken tikka biryani, chicken tikka biryani with vegetable curry, hyderabadi chicken tikka biryani, chicken tikka biryani recipe by shireen anwar, chicken tikka biryani recipe sanjeev kapoor, chicken tikka biryani recipe restaurant style, easy chicken tikka biryani recipe, authentic chicken tikka biryani recipe