Mauritian Easy Roti Farata Chaud Recipe
Traditional Indian foods like meat or vegetable curries are often served with hot, fresh roti, a flatbread. It is made of dough and resembles pancakes, but it is savourier and has fewer calories.
What is Plain Roti (Farata) served with?
Roti can be eaten simple or with a variety of Indian curries, pickles, and butter. You eat it with your hands and consume the food on your plate with the flat bread. You consume your curry using the roti itself, eliminating the need for any silverware.
How and when To Eat Mauritian Roti?
Any time of day is a good time to eat roti! You can eat it simple or with some butter for breakfast. Various curries and pickles can be served with it for lunch or dinner. And if you suddenly get hungry while driving around Mauritius, you will undoubtedly come across a Roti vendor where you can satisfy your desire with a tasty roti and curry! Rotis are typically served at Indian wedding rituals.
Prep Time: 10 Mins
Cooking Time: 15 Mins
Total Time: 25 Mins
- 1kg white flour
- 800 ml warm water
- 4 tablespoon butter (melted)
- salt and vegetable oil to adjust
- Rub melted butter into flour in a mixing bowl until it resembles breadcrumbs. To make a soft dough, gradually add the warm water. Cover the dough with a cloth and let it rest for at least 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into eight equal portions and roll each one into a ball before rolling out into discs with a rolling pin.
- Brush the disc with melted butter and fold it in half to form a half-circle. Brush with melted butter once more and fold into a triangle.
- Make a flat layer out of the triangular shape.
- Grease a hot griddle or tava (frying pan), then place the rolled bread on it.
- Fry for about a minute on each side - it may be necessary to turn them over more frequently to ensure thorough cooking and avoid burning.
- Serve hot with butter or any other dishes.
Related Keywords: easy mauritian roti recipe, best mauritian roti recipe, mauritian roti poulet recipe, mauritian roti chaud recipe, Mauritian cuisine soft roti recipe, how to cook mauritian roti, how to make roti mauritius, roti recipe mauritian, soft farata recipe, indian paratha recipe, simple farata recipe, perfect paratha recipe, farata easy recipe, mauritian farata recipe, best farata recipe, farata recipes, farata mauritian recipe, faratas mauritius recipe, Mauritian Cuisine Soft Roti Recipe, roti mauritian recipe, mauritian roti chaud recipe, mauritian cuisine soft roti recipe, easy roti recipe Mauritian, best mauritian roti recipe, mauritian plain roti recipe, mauritian recipe roti