Recette Dal Puri
Dholl puri is special in that it may be eaten with anything and at any time. It will undoubtedly satisfy your appetite and satisfy your taste senses in a couple of seconds. A very exquisite delicacy.
Dholl Puri, like many other Roti recipes, requires a lot of work to achieve the ideal Dholl Puri. It is quite simple to build once you get the hang of it.
Ingredients for Dhal Puri:
- 500 g channa (gram) dal
- 3 1/2 cups regular flour
- 2 tbsp cumin seeds, roasted
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
Instructions to prepare Dholl Puri:
To make the filling
- Wash the dal, then bring it to a boil with 2 cups of water, turmeric, and salt to taste.
- Cook until the dholl is tender and fully cooked.
- Remove the strainer and set aside the water. Allow the dal to sit in the strainer for about 30 minutes to allow the excess water to drain easily.
- Make a fine dry paste with the dholl and toasted cumin seeds (use a grinder if available)
- Season with salt
To make the dough
- Combine the flour, a sprinkle of salt, and 2 tablespoons of oil in a large mixing basin.
- Add the saved water from the boiling dholl gradually and knead to a soft dough.
- Make equal-sized tiny balls out of the dough.
- Take one ball of dough and slowly press it into the center to make a hole.
- Place one spoonful of the dholl mixture in the center of the dough and seal the hole to make another ball.
- Flour the filled dough ball and roll it out into a thin circular shape.
- Warm a flat pan by brushing it with oil.
- Place the puri on the pan and cook for 1 minute, or until it puffs up.
- Apply some oil to your brush.
- Allow it to cook for another minute, then remove it from the pan as it puffs up.
You may also like:
Related Keywords: best dhal puri in Mauritius, dhal puri origin, what to eat with dhal puri, dholl puri ingredients, Mauritian dhal puri recipe, dal puri, dholl puri recipe Mauritian, dhal puri recipe Mauritian, dhal puri Mauritian recipe