Dholl puri is special in that it may be eaten with anything and at any time. It will undoubtedly satisfy your appetite and satisfy your taste senses in a couple of seconds. A very exquisite delicacy.
Dholl Puri, like many other Roti recipes, requires a lot of work to achieve the ideal Dholl Puri. It is quite simple to build once you get the hang of it.
Ingredients for Dhal Puri:
- 500 g channa (gram) dal
- 3 1/2 cups regular flour
- 2 tbsp cumin seeds, roasted
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
Instructions to prepare Dholl Puri:
To make the filling
- Wash the dal, then bring it to a boil with 2 cups of water, turmeric, and salt to taste.
- Cook until the dholl is tender and fully cooked.
- Remove the strainer and set aside the water. Allow the dal to sit in the strainer for about 30 minutes to allow the excess water to drain easily.
- Make a fine dry paste with the dholl and toasted cumin seeds (use a grinder if available)
- Season with salt
To make the dough
- Combine the flour, a sprinkle of salt, and 2 tablespoons of oil in a large mixing basin.
- Add the saved water from the boiling dholl gradually and knead to a soft dough.
- Make equal-sized tiny balls out of the dough.
- Take one ball of dough and slowly press it into the center to make a hole.
- Place one spoonful of the dholl mixture in the center of the dough and seal the hole to make another ball.
- Flour the filled dough ball and roll it out into a thin circular shape.
- Warm a flat pan by brushing it with oil.
- Place the puri on the pan and cook for 1 minute, or until it puffs up.
- Apply some oil to your brush.
- Allow it to cook for another minute, then remove it from the pan as it puffs up.