Vermicelle Mauritian Recipe
My mother used to cook us this after-school snack before sending us to our rooms to finish our schoolwork. This is consumed in Mauritius for breakfast or as a sweet treat in the afternoon with a hot cup of vanilla tea. By omitting the conventional butter and milk, I was able to make this dish dairy-free. I also added other flavors and nuts, which I believe enhance the flavor even further.
Prep Time: 15 Min
Cook Time: 20 Min
Total Time: 35 Min
- Roasted vermicelli, 125 grams
- raisins, 1 tbsp
- 1 teaspoons roughly chopped almonds
- 3 Crushed cardamons
- 50 g of sugar
- 3 1/2 glasses of milk
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Ghee, two tablespoons (clarified butter)
- Ghee is heated in a pan.
- Add the cinnamon stick, cardamom pods, raisins, and almonds, chopped.
- 1 minute of stir-frying
- Add the milk, then simmer it on low heat.
- Add the sugar and whisk carefully as the milk begins to boil.
- Add the roasted vermicelli and continue stirring until all of the milk has evaporated.
- The pudding should be poured onto a greased shallow dish and let to set.
- Serve as a dessert after being chilled or serve with tea.
Related Keywords: vermicelli recipes sweet, sweet vermicelli recipe with milk, dry vermicelli recipe, vermicelli pudding, vermicelli pudding mauritian recipe, milk vermicelli calories, recette vermicelle sec, vermicelli pronunciation, mauritian vermicelli pudding recipe, mauritian vermicelli pudding recipe without condensed milk