Recette Biryani Veg Mauriciennne
This Biryani recipe consists of layers of basmati rice and a spicy mixture of cauliflower, yogurt, carrots, green beans, potatoes, and soybeans.
So, if you're planning a family gathering, a birthday celebration, or any other type of event, Biryani is undoubtedly one of the dishes to consider.
Let's see how to make the best vegetarian Biryani at home.
Serves: 4-5 Person
Preparation: 30 min
Cooking: 35 min
Ingredients for Veg Biryani:
- 4 cups basmati rice
- 4 cardamon
- 2 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 1/2 tablespoon biryani spices mix (easily available in grocery stores)
- 5 onions, finely sliced
- 1 cup finely chopped coriander leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon orange food color
- 1 teaspoon ghee (clarified butter)
- 5 potatoes, cut into quarters
- 3 large carrots, cut lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped mint
- 1 cup soya
- 1 cup green peas
- 2 cups green beans, cut lengthwise
- Oil for frying
Instructions on how to prepare Veg Biryani:
Regarding the rice:
- Soak rice in water for 30 minutes after washing it.
- Bring a kettle of water to a boil, then add 4 cardamom pods, 2 cloves, and the cinnamon stick.
- Cook till the rice is 3/4 done with a little salt.
Regarding the vegetables:
- Season the carrots, green beans, cauliflower, and soya individually with salt.
- Add a pinch of food color to the potatoes while sprinkling with salt.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan first, then sauté the onions until they turn a light golden color, then remove and set aside.
- Then sauté the potatoes until they develop a light golden color, then remove and set aside.
- Similarly, cook the soya till it turns a light brown hue, then remove and set aside.
- Remove and set aside the cauliflower after frying it for 3-5 minutes.
- Cook the carrots in the same pan for 3-5 minutes, then remove and set aside.
- Remove and set aside the green beans after frying them for 3-5 minutes.
In preparation for the final assembly:
- Combine all of the vegetables, including potatoes, carrots, green beans, cauliflower, and soya sauce, in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine the ginger, garlic paste, yogurt, half of the fried onions, biryani spices, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Combine thoroughly.
- To build the biryani, use an oven-safe big utensil with a lid.
- 1 teaspoon ghee should be added to the bottom of the utensil.
- Combine 1/2 teaspoon orange food coloring with some water.
- Begin with a layer of rice, then a layer of half of the mixed veggies, sprinkle with food coloring, and top with a little fried onion, peas, chopped coriander, and mint leaves.
- Finish with a layer of rice, peas, fried onions, food coloring, chopped coriander, and mint leaves.
- Fill the bowl that was previously used to combine the vegetables with water.
- Make some holes in the utensil with a spoon and pour some of the water through them.
- Cook for 30 minutes in a preheated oven at 350°F with the lid on.
- To serve the biryani, remove the layers one at a time in a separate bowl and mix well, taking care not to mash the veggies.
Related Keywords: easy mauritian biryani recipe, biryani veg, briani veg mauritius, veg biryani near me, nou la cuisine, riz tamarin, mauritian veg biryani recipe, veg biryani recipe mauritian, mauritian recipe briyani, mauritian briani recipe, briani, briyani veg