Since the first food stands began to appear in Mauritius, this quick cuisine has been referred to as kebab. Although we are unsure of the precise time that kebabs gained popularity on our tiny island, we do know that everyone loves them.
Ingredients for Kebab:
- Chicken breast, 1 1/2 pounds
- Yogurt, 1/2 cup
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon of grated onions
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder or granulate
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/4 cloves, powdered
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Tomato paste, 4 Tbsp.
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/2 large spoon of honey
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 whole Lime Juice
Instructions to prepare Kebab
- Remove any skin from the chicken pieces after washing.
- Divide the mixture into two portions after thoroughly combining all the ingredients above, with the exception of the onion, carrot, and onion. Put one of these components in the fridge. With the other portion, marinate the chicken. Keep chicken pieces in the marinade for at least 4 hours. Ideally, it should last all night (in the refrigerator).
- Remove the marinated chicken and put it in the kebab maker. If you don't have a kebab maker, you can grill on a pan for 7 minutes on each side or in a regular oven or grill. As the goal of cooking kebabs is to first cook the outside of the meat and raise temperatures to their highest setting. The interior shouldn't be cooked.
- Once you find the cooked outside has a blackish texture, cut it off and re-bake the meat. Simply rotate the meat and cut it off if it is in the kebab maker.
- In the process, chop the onion, carrot, and cabbage.
- Combine the chicken pieces with the minced vegetables, then serve the mixture with bread.
- Spread some shredded cheese as a topping and add tomato sauce or chili paste if you want a hot kebab taste.