Chicken Catless or Katless are fried patties consisting of a mixture of chopped chicken with various spices like cumin, masala and ginger combined with coriander and mint leaves.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
- 250 g chicken fillet (2 fillets)
- 1 onion for chopping
- 2 cm of fresh ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp of massalé or curry powder
- Stem green onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 2 tsp of chopped fresh mint
Optional: 1 boiled or steamed and mashed potato to add sweetness and bind the stuffing. I didn't use any in my Catless recipe today.
For the breading of the chicken catless:
- 2 eggs
Tip: Use a large freezer bag to make your homemade breadcrumbs. Put some crackers in the bag and crush them with a roller. The breadcrumbs will stay in the bag without getting all over your work surface.
Chicken Catless freeze very well before cooking.
- Chop the onions, fresh ginger, scallion stems, coriander and mint leaves.
- Peel the garlic.
- Cut the chicken fillets into pieces.
- Blend all ingredients in a good blender (you start with the chicken).
- Put the mixture in a container and add the turmeric, ground cumin, the massalé spice or if you don't have any, a little curry powder. Do not forget to add salt and pepper.
- Let rest at least 1 hour in the refrigerator so that the ingredients diffuse their flavors well. I prepared my mixture the day before for the next day.
- Make balls and flatten them with the palm of your hand.
- Dredge in flour, beaten egg and breadcrumbs and set aside on a serving dish.
Cooking the chicken catless :
- Fry your Catless in a large skillet, turning them over. This should take 5 minutes, no more depending on the thickness of your catless.
- Place your catless on paper towels to remove excess oil.
- Serve with a salad and lime (I like to add a squeeze of lemon on my catless before eating them). You can also enjoy them with a little Chinese chili pepper, such as Sriracha, easily found in supermarkets or Asian grocery stores.
Related Keywords: catless poulet mauricien recette, catless poulet recette mauricienne, catless poulet île maurice, catless poulet reunion, recette de catless poulet, recette catless poulet réunion, catless de poulet, best poultry hatcheries, recette catless poulet, recette mauricienne catless poulet, how to prepare catless poulet, catelesse de poulet recette, catless poulet mauricien, cotelette poulet mauricien, catless recipe, recette catless, nu la cuisine tikka poulet, catless meaning, tikka poulet recipe, recette mauricienne, chicken cutlets
Image Credit: Keshav Foodie