This dessert is perfect for pleasing family, friends, and kids. Baked pearls with condensed milk added for the most ravenous.
Mauritian Sagoo Recipe (Sagoo Porridge)
Sagoo Aplon is the Mauritian version of sago served with papadums. It is a delightful treat that is frequently offered at the end of our typical South Indian supper. The spicy crunch of the papadums offsets the sweetness and creaminess of the sagoo.
Prep Time: 10 Min
Cook Time: 20 Min
- 1 cups of sagoo
- 2 cups of sugar
- 2 cups of water
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 4 almonds, chopped finely
- 6 Cardamom (Elaiti)
- 2 Tablespoons Freshly Grated Coconut
- For 4-5 minutes, soak the sagoo in a cup of water.
- Add 2 cups of water in the pan.
- Add sugar to boiling water in the pan.
- Pour the sagoo in, stir, and turn the heat down when it begins to boil.
- Continue to simmer while stirring continually until the sagoo is transparent (about 20 to 25 minutes); if required, add a little water. Raisins are added.
- Set aside after removing from the stove.
- Serve hot, cold, or warm.
Did you enjoy the recipe?
Share this on social media and with your friends, please.
We apologize if you did not find this content useful.
Let us improve this post!
How can we make this post better, please?
Related Keywords: sagoo recipe without milk, sagoo au lait, sagoo mauricien, pudding sagoo recette, sagoo aplon recipe, sago dessert recipe, sagoo au custard, sagoo au lait de coco