Tteokbokki (Hot And Spicy Rice Cake)
It is extremely mouthwatering, umami-rich, and quite addicting! So much so that you will still have room for these fiery rice cakes even if your stomach is full!
What does tteokbokki taste like?
Gochjang, Gochugaru, Soy Sauce, Sugar, and Garlic make up the Tteokbokki sauce. It has a garlicky, spicy, and somewhat sweet flavor. You will surely want to keep returning for more because it is so flavorful. fish cakes from Korea.
Is tteokbokki a meal or snack?
Restaurants serving jeukseok-tteok-bokki provide a variety of extras, including vegetables, mandu (dumplings), and ramyeon or udong noodles. Jeukseok-tteok-bokki is frequently combined with bokkeum-bap because it is typically a dinner rather than a snack (fried rice).
Are tteokbokki healthy?
Rice tteokbokki is actually a very healthy cuisine, despite the fact that it may not be the most interesting. Five grams of fiber are present in one serving of rice cake, which supports a healthy digestive system. You won't feel bloated after eating it because it has a modest calorie count (approximately 100 calories per serving).
THE RECIPE - Tteokbokki
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 350 g of Korean rice cakes (12 ounces)
- 150 g of fish cakes (5.3 ounces), separated, rinsed under hot water, and chopped into bite-sized pieces.
- 2 cups stock for Korean soup (dried kelp and dried anchovy stock)
- 60 g (2 ounces) of thinly sliced onion
SAUCE (MIX THESE IN A BOWL)
- 3 tablespoons of gochujang (Korean chili paste)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of raw sugar
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon gochugaru (Korean chili flakes)
- Toasted sesame seeds, 1 teaspoon
- sesame oil, 1 teaspoon
- 1 green onion stalk, cut finely
- If your rice cakes aren't already mushy, give them a 10-minute soak in warm water.
- In a shallow pot over medium-high heat, bring the soup stock to a boil while swirling the tteokbokki sauce to dissolve it. Add the rice cakes, fish cakes, and onion once the spiced stock has reached a rolling boil. To properly cook the rice cakes, continue boiling them for an additional 3 to 5 minutes. The sauce should then be simmered for an additional 2 to 4 minutes at low heat to thicken and intensify the flavor.
- Stir quickly after adding the sesame oil, sesame seeds, and green onion. Serve hot.
Related Keywords: tteokbokki recipe, tteokbokki calories, tteokbokki recipe easy, tteokbokki maangchi, tteokbokki with cheese, tteokbokki vegetarian, tteokbokki resepi, tteokbokki instant, how to make tteokbokki, how to cook tteokbokki, korean tteokbokki, maangchi tteokbokki, rice paper tteokbokki, cheese tteokbokki, resepi tteokbokki, is tteokbokki vegetarian, is tteokbokki healthy