How to prepare Bhajia Pav easily at home
It is a definite bet for foodies because it is usually served with chutney and fried chilies. Bhajiya Pav is not one of the healthiest snacks, but you can make it healthier by cooking it at home.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Serves: 4 People
For the Bhajiyas
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and sliced into thin rounds with a mandoline
- 1 large onion, peeled and cut into rounds
- 1/2 cup chickpea/gram flour (besan)
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons rice flour
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder (dhaniya)
- 2 teaspoon chaat masala
- Cooking oil for the Papad
- 1/2 cup green coriander chutney
- 1/2 cup red chili-garlic chutney (optional)
- 4 Pav buns
- Prepare the fritters. Combine the besan, rice flour, salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder, and coriander powder in a mixing bowl. Pour in enough water to produce a pourable batter.
- Warm the oil. Dip each potato and onion slice in the batter and deep fry until golden brown and crisp on medium heat. Set aside and top with chaat masala.
- Make the Bhajia Pav: Spread green chutney on one side of each bun and red chili; garlic chutney on the other.
- Per serving, 4 to 5 Bhajias
- Stack the Bhajias, onion, and potato side by side, on the bottom half of the Pav.
- Cover with the top and lightly press.
- Serve with piping hot tea!