No, wait a minute. That's not true. It tastes way must better!
If you like the popular fast food chain, you'll know how delicious their chicken quesadilla tastes.
It's quite addictive, with tender meat and plenty of cheese. In fact, it's so delicious that I could easily eat three of them in one sitting.
Aside from the meaty-cheesy stuffing, this Taco Bell knockoff has a lovely tangy and spicy sauce.
Taco Bell is well-known for its quick and easy Tex-Mex comfort cuisine. It's easy to see why we all love it so much with nacho fries and Doritos Locos Tacos.
When I get that craving, the chicken quesadillas in the drive-through are my go-to.
These toasted triangles are thick, cheesy, and utterly delicious.
And if you feel the same way I do about these quesadillas, you're in luck.
This Taco Bell quesadilla knockoff, complete with special sauce, couldn't be easier to make at home.
Servings: 4 servings
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Calories: 300 kcal
For the sauce
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapenos, minced
- 2 tablespoons jalapeño juice
- 3/4 tsp of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
For the quesadillas
- 4 chicken tenderloins or rotisserie chicken cooked
- 1 cup split shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 2 sliced half-inch American cheese
- Make the sauce. Combine mayonnaise, jalapenos, jalapeno juice, sugar, cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder in a mixing bowl. Whisk until the mixture is smooth and fully blended. Seasonings can be adjusted to taste.
- Grill the chicken in olive oil. Slice into tiny strips.
- Preheat the skillet to medium-high heat. Place the tortilla in the griddle and top with 1/4 cup cheddar and 1/4 cup Monterey Jack cheeses. On one side of the tortilla, place 1/2 piece of American cheese.
- Place 1/4 of the chicken on top of the American cheese. 1 tablespoon of the sauce should be spread on the other side of the tortilla.
- With a spatula, fold the tortilla over, sauce side up. Cook until the cheese is melted and the tortilla bottom is toasted. To toast the other side, flip the tortilla over for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Cook all four quesadillas in the same manner.
- Make triangles out of the quesadillas. Serve right away and enjoy!
Related Keywords: taco bell quesadilla ingredients, taco bell quesadilla calories, cheese quesadilla taco bell, chicken quesadilla recipe, chicken quesadilla taco bell