TikTok Feta Pasta (Easy Recipe)
With over 1 billion (yes, billion) views, this viral TikTok feta spaghetti is one of the world's most popular culinary trends.
And you'll understand why after just one mouthful!
But don't take it from me. Instead, try this TikTok feta spaghetti dish and see for yourself how amazingly delicious it is.
TikTok feta pasta is a viral pasta recipe that consists of a whole block of feta, cherry tomatoes, pasta, oil, herbs, and spices. For 30-40 minutes, roast the feta and cherry tomatoes with olive oil, salt, and pepper. They're then combined with al dente pasta, garlic, and red pepper flakes.
This spaghetti recipe is every bit as tasty as you anticipate. Salty, flavorful, and bursting with tomato freshness.
Get ready to have your mind blown!
Servings: 4servings Prep time: 5minutes Cooking time: 40minutes
Ingredients for TikTok Pasta:
Aside from an entire block of feta, the beauty of this recipe is that you probably already have everything on hand.
To prepare this TikTok feta spaghetti, you'll need the following ingredients:
- 1 pound bowtie spaghetti
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil plus more for drizzling
- 2 (20–25 oz.) cartons of cherry tomatoes
- 1 (8-ounce) feta cheese block
- 4 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 bunch of fresh basil leaves
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
How to Make TikTok Feta Pasta:
This meal is popular since it requires only a few steps.
All you have to do is combine a few ingredients in a baking dish, cook the pasta, and then combine everything.
1. In a baking dish, combine tomatoes, olive oil, and salt.
Use a liberal amount of olive oil. You want the tomatoes to be submerged!
2. Place a feta block in the center.
Then sprinkle with a little extra olive oil. If you want it hot, sprinkle with red pepper flakes.
3. Roast the feta and tomatoes together.
This will take 30 minutes in a 400-degree-Fahrenheit oven. That high heat is critical!
Then, increase the heat to 450°F and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes. The objective is for the tomatoes to pop!
4. Cook the pasta until it is al dente.
Simply follow the package directions, but remove the saucepan from the heat 1 minute before the cooking time.
Once the pasta is swirled in the sauce, it will continue to soften. Drain well, but save some pasta water for the sauce.
5. Combine the roasted feta and tomatoes with garlic and basil.
Do this as soon as you remove the baking dish from the oven. The container must be hot enough to cook the raw edge of the garlic.
6. Combine the noodles and sauce.
This should be possible in the dish. However, if it has shallow sides, gently transfer everything to a mixing bowl.
If the sauce is too dry, add some of the leftover pasta water.
7. Season with salt and pepper to taste if necessary.
As already stated, feta is rather salty. That indicates you might not need any additional salt.
8. Plate and enjoy!
Tips for Preparing the Perfect Feta Pasta:
- Use a baking dish large enough to hold all of the ingredients, including the pasta. At the same time, make sure the tomatoes aren't crammed together, otherwise, they'll smush and confit when baking.
- I prefer a short dish with towering sides. That way, the feta, and tomatoes will cook correctly, and I will be able to mix everything without it overflowing over the top.
- Save some of the pasta water in case the sauce becomes too dry. Because you can't tell how juicy the tomatoes are, it's important to be prepared with water.
- To loosen the sauce, you'll need water, but not tap water.
- Because of the starch in the pasta, the heated pasta water will keep the sauce thick.
- Use a liberal amount of olive oil. It's the secret to making the sauce so rich and thick.
- Avoid overcooking the pasta. Undercook the noodles for 1 minute if you want them hard and chewy. As you throw them in the sauce, they will continue to soften.
- Timing is critical; the pasta should be cooked at the same time as the feta and tomatoes. This keeps the pasta warm and prevents it from clumping together when it's time to throw it in the sauce.
- Because there are only a few ingredients in this dish, you'll want them to be as fresh as possible. Use fresh cherry tomatoes instead of canned ones, for example. The same may be said for basil and garlic. Also, use extra virgin olive oil. Believe me, it tastes far superior to ordinary olive oil.
- Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight jar for up to 2 days. Add a splash of water to the bowl after reheating.
- If the cherry tomatoes made the sauce too tart, add some sugar. You may also roast sliced onions or shallots in the baking dish with feta and tomatoes. This caramelizes the onions and sweetens the sauce.
Did you like the recipe?
Comment what is your favorite pasta recipe and tell us how we can improve it.
Thank you and Bonne Appetit!