Everyone raves about these delicious but straightforward Creamy Garlic Shrimp. Make a fantastic dinner with items you probably already have in your refrigerator, serve it with low-carb or carb-heavy sides, and enjoy! Included are all advice and suggestions.
Shrimp Scampi: What is it?
I had Shrimp Scampi for the first time at Red Lobster. I loved how light it was, and I wanted to make it at home right away. I discovered that shrimp cooked in a sauce comprised of white wine, butter, and garlic is what Italian-Americans refer to as shrimp scampi. Pasta and sauce should be combined, and a piece of fresh bread can be used to mop up any sauce residue.
What Pasta Goes Well With Shrimp Scampi?
noodles, noodles, noodles! I adore the way the flat, broad noodles absorb the buttery sauce. In my experience, linguine is the ideal type of pasta to use if you want to eat both spaghetti and shrimp in one mouthful. It is sturdy, substantial, and certain to sate a yearning for carbohydrates.
PREP: 10 MINS
COOK: 10 MINS
TOTAL: 20 MINS
SERVES: 4 PEOPLE
- Olive oil, 1 tbsp
- 500 grams (1 pound) of tail-on or tail-off shrimp
- To taste, add salt and pepper.
- 2 teaspoons Unsalted butter
- 6 minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups cream with less fat**
- 1/2 Cup Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp Freshly cut parsley
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Salt and pepper the shrimp, then fry them for one to two minutes on each side, or until they are just cooked through and pink. Move to a bowl and leave aside.
- In the identical skillet, melt the butter. Garlic is cooked till aromatic (about 30 seconds). Pour in the white wine or broth, and then let the amount drop to half while scraping up any browned parts.
- Add the cream, turn the heat down to low-medium, and whisk occasionally as you bring the mixture to a soft simmer. To taste, add salt and pepper to the dish.
- The parmesan cheese should be added, and the sauce should be gently simmered for another minute or so to allow the cheese to melt and the sauce to thicken.
- Return the shrimp to the pan and top with parsley. Taste the sauce and, if necessary, adjust the salt and pepper.
- Serve with steamed vegetables, spaghetti, or rice.
Related Keywords: creamy shrimp scampi with tomatoes, best creamy shrimp scampi recipe, creamy shrimp scampi linguine, creamy shrimp scampi with angel hair pasta, creamy shrimp scampi with heavy cream, creamy shrimp scampi with milk, easy creamy shrimp scampi, creamy shrimp recipes, easy creamy shrimp scampi, creamy shrimp scampi alfredo, creamy shrimp pasta recipe