This is a fantastic vegan supper for the whole family. It's creamy, flavorful, filling, and quite simple to make. The addition of jackfruit to curry is ideal, and the sweet potatoes make this a hearty and filling dish.
Prep Time: 10 Min
Cook Time: 45 Min
Total Time: 55 Min
- 2 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 Large Onion, diced
- 1 Tsp Fresh Ginger, minced
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 Jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 2 Tablespoons Curry Powder
- 1 Tablespoon All Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Vegetable Stock
- Coconut Cream from the top of one can of full-fat coconut milk**
- 2 Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Jackfruit, drained and rinsed
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large dutch oven or soup pot over medium heat. Once heated, add the chopped onion and simmer for 5-7 minutes, or until tender and transparent.
- Mix in the ginger, garlic, and jalapeño. Cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the curry powder, making sure to cover everything with it. Cook for 1 minute.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the flour, stirring constantly. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Combine the vegetable stock, coconut cream, and tomatoes in a mixing bowl.
- Increase the heat to medium. Cook, stirring often until the coconut cream has melted into the stock, about 2-3 minutes. Mix in the jackfruit. Bring to a boil, then lower to low heat. Cook for around 20-25 minutes.
- Shred the jackfruit carefully with two forks. If you're cooking white rice to go with the curry, this is the time to make it.
- Cook the curry for another 10-15 minutes, covered. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!