This Easy Bread Pudding Recipe is the ideal way to fulfill your sweet craving! The sweet and creamy dish transforms stale bread into a delectable delight steeped in vanilla sauce.
Bread Pudding Recipe
Bread pudding is simply cubed stale bread that has been soaked in a milk, sugar, and egg combination before being baked. The end product is similar to the creamy middles of a stack of French toast.
The sauce is what makes bread pudding into the realm of genuinely exquisite dessert. Serve the pudding with a caramel sauce, a vanilla sauce, or a hard sauce, such as the one in this recipe, which includes bourbon whisky.
Prep Time: 40 min
Cook Time: 50 min
Total Time: 1 hr 30 min
To make the Bread Pudding
- 6 cups stale bread, cubed (challah, brioche, regular sliced)
- 2 cups of milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar (207g)
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
To make the Vanilla Sauce:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 pound of heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Set aside an 8-inch casserole dish that has been greased.
- Cut the bread into 1-inch slices and equally distribute them in the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Whisk together the milk, eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a large mixing dish. Pour the liquid evenly over the bread, making sure to moisten all of it.
- Allow the bread to soak in the milk and egg mixture for 20-25 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (176°C) in the meantime. 50-55 minutes in the oven It should be set but jiggly. If the middle hasn't entirely risen, it may require a little additional baking time. When done, remove from oven.
- Make the vanilla sauce while the bread pudding is baking. In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt the butter, then add the sugar, cream, and vanilla essence.
- Cook, stirring constantly, over low heat until the mixture coats the back of a spoon.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and pour it over the bread pudding while still warm.