This is not your typical cheesecake, people. You'll go crazy for this one, believe me. It's so delicious that one slice isn't enough.
The cheesecake filling is as smooth and creamy as it gets, but that's not the only thing that sets it apart.
Mashed bananas are mixed into the sweet cream cheese to create a delicious dessert that will be difficult to share.
It's also shockingly simple to make! Cheesecakes are infamous for cracking, but not with this recipe.
Prep time: 30minutes
Cooking time: 1hour 30 minutes
To make the Crust:
- 20 sandwich cookies with vanilla cream filling (i.e. Golden Oreos)
- 1/4 cup melted butter or margarine
To make the Filling:
- 24 ounces. softened cream cheese
- sugar, 2/3 cup
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup very ripe bananas, mashed (about 2-3)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- For garnish, shredded coconut (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
- To make the crust, combine the cookies and crème filling in a blender. Finely grind the cookies in a food processor. Blend in the margarine until the mixture is crumbly.
- Fill a 10-inch springform pan halfway with the ingredients. Smooth it out with the bottom of a measuring cup. While preparing the filling, chill the crust.
- For the filling, use an electric mixer to cream the softened cream cheese until creamy, about 1-2 minutes.
- Mix in the sugar and cornstarch until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, one at a time.
- With a whisk, gently incorporate the mashed bananas, whipping cream, and vanilla.
- Fill the prepared crust with the ingredients. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 300°F without opening the oven door and bake for another 50 minutes.
- If using, sprinkle coconut on top of the cheesecake. Bake for another 25 minutes, or until the sides are firm. The center should still move slightly.
- Allow the cheesecake to completely cool in the pan.
- Once the cake has cooled, run a knife under warm water and slide it along the edges of the cake to cleanly detach it from the rim.
- Refrigerate the cake for 6 hours overnight, wrapped in plastic wrap. Cut, serve, and enjoy.
Instructions for Storage
- You probably can't eat an entire cheesecake in one sitting, no matter how much you want to.
- So, keep any leftovers in the fridge for up to 5 days. Cover it with plastic wrap to prevent it from absorbing the scents of surrounding foods.
- If you make this cheesecake ahead of time for a birthday or holiday, it can simply be frozen to keep it fresh. It is good for up to four months.
- The secret is to carefully wrap everything in plastic wrap and aluminum foil before placing it in a large freezer-safe bag. To avoid freezer burn, squeeze out as much air as possible before sealing.