It's sweet, creamy, and quite addicting. If you allowed me, I could eat it all day!
Easy Homemade Caramel Popcorn
Each piece is evenly coated with solidified caramel, which creates a unique crunch and flavor.
It's excellent for special occasions and at-home movie nights. However, it is also suitable as a light snack or as an after-dinner sweet treat.
Don't worry if you've never made caramel popcorn before. Even with the bubbling sugar, it's a lot easy than you think!
How to Make the Best Caramel Popcorn
- When working with caramel, exercise extreme caution. That stuff is scorching!
- Even if you grease and line your baking dish, you may wind up with chunks of hardened caramel at the bottom. Simply wash the pans in boiling soapy water for a few minutes to dissolve the caramel.
- To make cleaning easier, choose nonstick utensils. Toss the popcorn and caramel with a silicone spatula if you have one.
- Don't be tempted to taste it before putting it in the oven. The caramel has just been removed from the heat and will be quite hot!
Caramel Popcorn Storage
- Place the popcorn in an airtight container or Ziploc bag and tightly close it.
- Store on the counter at room temperature for up to 3 weeks! In my house, though, it does not last three hours.
- If the popcorn has gone stale, simply place it in the oven at 250°F until it crisps up again (about 5 minutes).
Servings: 20 servings
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 1 min
- 5 quarts popped popcorn (1/2 cup unpopped popcorn)
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 250° Fahrenheit. Fill a big bowl halfway with popped popcorn.
- Melt butter in a pot over medium heat. Melt the butter and combine it with the brown sugar, corn syrup, and salt. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly, until the sugar is completely dissolved. Allow it to boil for 4 minutes without stirring.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla and baking soda. When the baking soda is added, the caramel will bubble up.
- Pour the caramel over the popcorn in a thin stream. Stir continuously while pouring until the caramel coated the popcorn evenly.
- Place the popcorn in two big shallow baking trays in a single layer. 1 hour in the oven, stirring every 15 minutes Allow it cool for 5 minutes before breaking into pieces. Serve and have fun!
Related Keywords: caramel popcorn recipe, caramel popcorn balls, caramel popcorn calories, caramel popcorn recipe without corn syrup, caramel popcorn near me, caramel popcorn twists, caramel popcorn microwave, caramel popcorn werther's, caramel popcorn gordon ramsay, caramel popcorn resepi, how to make caramel popcorn, salted caramel popcorn, 3 ingredient caramel popcorn