How to make Buffalo Chicken dip without Cream Cheese or Yogurt
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
Total: 15 minutes
- 3 cups of shredded cooked chicken (rotisserie chicken or canned both work well)
- Frank's Original Red Hot Sauce, half a cup
- Ranch dressing, 1/4 cup
- 1/4 cup of plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1/4 cups of shredded strong cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup Shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 minced garlic clove (or 1 tsp store-bought minced garlic)
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- 2 tbsp. chopped green onions
- 2 tbsp. blue cheese crumbles
- Set the oven to 350°F. Position the oven rack in the center of the oven.
- Combine the shredded chicken, Frank's Original Red Hot Sauce, ranch dressing, plain Greek yogurt, 1 cup of shredded cheddar, mozzarella cheese, garlic, and onion powder in a sizable mixing bowl (using a hand mixer or electric mixer) or in a food processor. Blend until uniform.
- Pour the buffalo chicken dip into an 8" or comparable oven-safe baking or casserole dish, then top with the remaining 1/4 cups of finely grated sharp cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes, uncovered, or until cheese has melted and dip is bubbling.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with blue cheese crumbles and chopped green onion (or chives). Black pepper and a dash of paprika are optional toppings that I occasionally use as a garnish.
- Offer tortilla chips, bread rounds, and vegetables like carrot, celery, and cucumber slices with the buffalo chicken dip.
Related Keywords: how to make buffalo chicken dip without cream cheese or yogurt, buffalo chicken dip without sour cream, dips without cream cheese or sour cream, do you need cream cheese for buffalo chicken dip, buffalo chicken dip without shredded cheese, buffalo chicken dip with mayo instead of cream cheese, chicken dip no cream cheese, buffalo chicken dip with sour cream instead of cream cheese