Rice Noodle Stir-Fry is a stir fry with flat rice noodles, chicken, vegetables, and homemade stir fry sauce. Quick weekday dinner that takes less than 30 minutes to prepare!
Easy Chinese Chicken Chow Fun Recipe
What exactly is Chow Fun?
Chow fun is a traditional Chinese noodle meal that is simple to make at home. This real Chinese chow fun recipe will transport you to a Chinese restaurant. While all of the components in this dish are pantry-friendly and readily available at your local grocery.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
For the chicken
- 1 chicken breast (about 180g/6.3oz)
- 1/2 tbsp cornstarch or tapioca starch
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 teaspoon of water
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil (neutral)
For the noodles
2 portion fresh wide rice noodles (called Sa-ho Fun), 400g/14oz
To make the stir-fry
- 2 tbsp neutral cooking oil - divided
- 1/2 onion, cut
- 1/2 bell pepper, sliced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. dark soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 scallion stalk, coarsely chopped
Marinate the chicken
- Thinly slice the chicken breast (approximately 5 mm/0.2 inch thick). In a mixing bowl, combine the cornstarch, salt, and water, then add the chicken. Mix thoroughly until the water is completely absorbed. Stir in the oil and let aside for 10 minutes to marinate.
Prepare the noodles
- Fresh broad rice noodles are frequently sold as blocks, with the strands closely clinging to one another. You must separate them before stir-frying. If you're having trouble, see my tips in the post content above.
Stir-fried the food
- Heat a wok over high heat until it begins to smoke (see note 3 if using a wok with a non-stick coating). 1 tablespoon of oil should be added.
- Incorporate the chicken. Fry until the pinkness fades (Do not overcook). Take it outside. Place aside.
- In the wok, add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil (keep any oil left from frying the chicken). Add the rice noodles. Toss them around with the wok or gently toss them with chopsticks.
- Add onion, bell pepper, and celery after they begin to wilt (do not wait until they are completely soft). Fry for around 30 seconds.
- Stir in the chicken. Pour in the light and dark soy sauces, as well as the sesame oil. To properly spread the seasoning, flip and toss (be gentle not to break the noodles). Serve immediately garnished with scallions.