How to make a Spicy Margarita
What is a Spicy Margarita
Although the traditional Margarita is the most popular tequila cocktail in the world, there's no harm in giving the acidic drink a fiery touch. The earthiness of the tequila's agave is enhanced in this recipe by the piquancy of bird's eye chile, providing a nice counterpoint to the citrusy sweetness of the orange liqueur. Each sip is accompanied by a taste explosion that is both recognizable and novel.
The bird's eye chili syrup may require some time to make, but we assure you that it will be worthwhile. The sweetness of the triple sec will somewhat buffer the heat of the syrup, so it will be just noticeable enough to give your cocktail a dynamic bite.
Prep Time: 5 min
- 1 sliced serrano pepper
- Fresh lime juice, 1 1/2 ounces (from 2 limes)
- 2 ounces of blanco tequila
- 1/2 ounce of triple sec (we like Combier or Cointreau)
- 3 fresh cilantro sprigs (optional)
- 2 dashes of Angostura bitters
- Tajin seasoning, for servings
- Slice of lime for serving
- Reserve one slice of the serrano pepper for serving and muddle it for about 30 seconds with the lime juice in a cocktail shaker. Bitters, cilantro, triple sec, and tequila should be added. The cocktail shaker should be completely filled with ice, covered, and shaken violently for 30 seconds or until the outside of the shaker is extremely cold.
- Tajin should be placed on a small plate. Rocks' glass rims should be coated with Tajin after being rubbed with a lime wedge. Place ice in the glass before adding the margarita. Add the lime wedge and pepper slice that was set aside as garnish. Serve right away.
Related Keywords: skinny spicy margarita mocktail, skinny margarita recipe, skinny spicy margarita recipe with tajin, skinny spicy margarita calories, best spicy margarita recipe