Mauritian Boulette Chouchou recipe
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Total Time: 35 min
- 500g chayote
- Tapioca starch 100g,
- 100g of ground chicken or minced meat (or dried shrimp)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- Pepper (as required)
- Chayote should be peeled and grated before being salted and given 15 minutes to rest.
- Squeeze the chayote in a kitchen towel to get rid of all the extra water.
- Combine the chayote, chicken, garlic, ginger, pepper, and salt in a bowl.
- To bind all the ingredients together, gradually add the cornstarch.
- Make tiny balls out of a small amount of the mixture.
- In a steamer, prepare the chayote balls for around 20 minutes.
- Serve with chicken broth, green chili, and chopped spring onions as a garnish.
Related Keywords: mauritian soup, chicken chayote recipe, niouk yen, chicken chayote soup, how to make boulette, mauritian boulette recipe, mauritian chouchou recipe, boulette chouchou, mauritian soup, boulette chouchou avec viande hachee, sauce pour boulette chouchou, boulette chouchou veg, boulette sao mai recette, boulette mauricien, recette bouillon boulette mauricien, mauritian boulette recipe, boulette chouchou in english