Cheese Stick Recipes, Nutrients and Calories
The initial bite starts with a delightfully crunchy exterior coating and is quickly followed by an unexpectedly soft, gooey, and cheese-filled center. For a delicious appetizer that the whole family will enjoy, serve them with homemade marinara sauce.
As a snack, cheese sticks are also acceptable. Kids or even kids-at-heart would enjoy this the most. It is inexpensive, easy to make, and delicious.
Personally, I like dipping cheese sticks in a sauce made of ketchup and mayonnaise.
Try this recipe for cheese sticks. Tell me what you believe!
Cheese Stick Do’s & Don’ts
Cheese: Choose cheese strings rather than just mozzarella because they melt differently.
Freeze: Before you start, completely freeze your cheese to prevent it from oozing out when cooking.
Crumbs: Make sure to gently press each cheese stick with the breadcrumbs. Instead of the cheese inside, you want the oil to contact the breadcrumbs.
Cook Time: You only want the breading to become crispy; do not overcook your cheese sticks. The cheese will melt and start to drip out if they are cooked for too long.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 6 minutes
Total Time: 16 minutes
Servings: 32 Cheese Sticks
Image Credit: sugarspunrun.com
- 16 string cheese sticks with mozzarella must be string cheese.
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable or olive oil
- Italian bread crumbs, 3/4 cup
- Panko bread crumbs, 1/2 cup
- Frying oil
- Cut each cheese string in half after opening it. For at least two hours or until totally frozen, cover and place in the freezer.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and flour. In another shallow dish, mix the Italian and Panko bread crumbs. Whisk eggs and olive oil thoroughly in a third small bowl.
- Each cheese stick half should be gently rolled in the flour mixture after being dipped in the egg mixture.
- Bring back and roll in the egg mixture until coated. In order to prevent the cheese from leaking out, lay each piece of cheese into the bread crumbs and press the crumbs onto it.
- While the oil is heating, place it in the freezer. Heat the oil to 350°F. The oil ought should be heated enough to bubble when a few crumbs are dropped into it.
- Breaded cheese sticks should be added to the hot oil in small batches and cooked for 2 minutes, or just until browned. Avoid overcooking to prevent cheese leakage.
- Serve the Cheese Sticks hot with warm sauce.
How long are cheese sticks good for
Regardless of the variation, you should be aware that string cheese typically has a pretty long shelf life of at least 2 to 3 weeks. Additionally, it usually lasts an additional two to three weeks.
How many calories, protein and carbs are in a cheese stick
According to My Fitness Pal, there are 80 calories in one Kraft mozzarella cheese stick. 8 g of protein, 1 g of carbohydrate, and 6 g of total fat are present. The brand of the product and the type of cheese used will affect this value. Usually, low-fat cheese sticks have fewer calories and less fat.
Related Keywords: frozen cheese sticks in air fryer, pizza hut cheese sticks, school cheese sticks, are cheese sticks healthy, mozzarella cheese sticks, papa john's cheese sticks, bosco cheese sticks, max cheese sticks, cheese and pineapple sticks, cheese bosco sticks, cheese string mozzarella sticks, cheese max sticks, cheese potato sticks, cheese mozzarella sticks,